The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) offer a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master's degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face - both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Each year there are two opportunities to apply for QECS – cycle 1 opens in November/December and cycle 2 opens in March/April. You only need to submit one application, but you are welcome to apply more than once if there is another country you are interested in studying in.
About Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education. We believe that international collaboration is central to this ambition. By bringing universities together from around the world – and crucially the people who study and work within them ? we help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives. We champion higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting our members, partners, and stakeholders.
... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) scholarship is going on.
ACU Masters Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of ACU Masters Scholarship
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research Support Grant (on request only; subject to approval)
Requirements for ACU Masters Scholarship Qualification
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship. Refugees should apply as if they were a citizen of the country that has offered them refugee status.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have attained a minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level to be eligible to apply.
Interview date, Process and Venue for ACU Masters Scholarship
The selection committee assesses applications using four key criteria:
- Academic history/references
- Plan of Study
- Development Impact and Post Study Outreach
- Creating Networks
For an application to be considered for selection, applicants must ensure that:
- Their personal statement is written clearly so that a non-specialist can understand what the aims of the research are and how they will be implemented
- They clearly outline why they are applying to the courses and institutions listed on their application form. You must tailor these answers to each institution – if you write the same answer for each course/institution or copy and paste text from university websites, then your application will not be considered.
- They meet all the eligibility requirements for their chosen university course, including having the necessary work experience
- Two referees are identified, and references are provided– references should be detailed and include the content outlined on the application form
- Include full details about marks/grades gained for degrees. Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure that full supporting documentation is provided at the time of application, in the form of an official transcript.
We strongly advise all applicants to read all of the instructions and FAQs carefully before starting their application, and then complete all of the questions fully.
Application DeadlineJanuary 10, 2024
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) on crm.acu.ac.uk
Click on your preferred country below to apply
- Look through the list of countries and universities hosting scholarships in this cycle.
- Visit the relevant university website for more information on your chosen course using the links included below.
- Complete and submit a QECS application for your chosen university/course by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. Once you’ve clicked apply, you’ll be directed to a log in page. If you don't already have a myACU account, click get ‘get started’ in the right hand corner of the page to start your application.
- Submit an application to your chosen university for admission to your chosen course.
For more details, visit ACU website