CIFAR invites exceptional early-career researchers from across the natural, biomedical and social sciences and the humanities to join one of their interdisciplinary research programmes that address some of the most important questions facing science and humanity.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars programme accelerates the development of the next generation of research leaders and positions them to heighten their impact in academia and beyond.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars programme includes three core components, each contributing toward the development of tomorrow’s research leaders:
- Participating in a CIFAR Research Program – an interdisciplinary network of fellows.
- Strengthening leadership and communication skills.
- Increasing impact within and outside of academia.
About Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR)
CIFAR is a Canadian-based global research organization that convenes extraordinary minds to address the most important questions facing science and humanity. ... In 2017, the Government of Canada appointed CIFAR to develop and lead the Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence Strategy, the world's first national AI strategy.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) scholarship is going on.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme
Aim and Benefits of CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research programme, a global, interdisciplinary network of leading researchers.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support.
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research programme.
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines.
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put your skills into action.
Requirements for CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme Qualification
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world.
- Must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research programme.
- Have a valid passport, and if required, be able to obtain travel visas to attend CIFAR meetings around the world (2-3 times per year).
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
Application DeadlineOctober 25, 2022
How to Apply
They invite applications from early-career research leaders who can engage with any of the following CIFAR research programmes:
For more details,visit CIFAR Azrieli website