The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries (see list of countries), who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries. The programme, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the students’ countries of origin. In the light of the principles of Good Governance, highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics and administration and prepared for future leading positions in their home countries
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
DAAD scholarship in Germany is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) . The DAAD itself does not offer programs of study or courses, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German institutions of higher education. It also awards grants to German...... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarship is going on.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship
- Scholarships (of currently € 934 per month) for master’s courses at German higher education institutions.
- Health insurance cover in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing countries
- A study and research grant
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
- Preceding German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months. Participation is mandatory
Requirements for DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship Qualification
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Programme is open to graduates from developing countries (bachelor or equivalent);
- With a well-qualified first university degree as a rule in the fields of social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy and administration
- Willing to actively contribute to the social, political and economic development of their home countries/regions
- Who have already gained practical experience relevant for the programme (professional experience, internships, political/social commitment)
Documents Required for Application
- Checklist form, signed with place and date indication
- DAAD application form ‘Application for a research/study scholarship’ (please type your answers or make sure they are easy to read)
- A single letter of motivation
- A curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order without any unexplained gaps (please use the europass template) including exact information about your studies, and on practical experience
- Copies of your higher education degree certificates.
- Copy of your full set of transcript of records
- Written confirmation for any work experience, internship or professional experience.
- Recent language certificates (for English and/or German)
- Current written reference from your current employer or from a university lecturer if you are a student at present, on headed paper, signed, dated and stamped
Application DeadlineJuly 31, 2023
How to Apply
For more details,visit DAAD Helmut-Schmidt website