This fellowship will inform the next phase of technological innovations/inventions to improve health data analytics and healthcare delivery in Nigeria. The objectives of the HDA fellowship are to:
- Build local capacity for research in health data analytics
- Support the development of health data platforms
- Improve the utilization of health data and data platforms
- Use findings to inform Health Information Systems (HIS) policy development
- Facilitate the publication of research reports in recognized journals
We are a new kind of mission-driven organization with services, expertise and products focused on making the business of healthcare delivery work for everyone, through technology-enabled optimizations. We believe that if health is a right, proven digital health solutions and expertise such as ours should not be a privilege. Working with participants across the spectrum of healthcare, from individuals, healthcare providers, government departments and stakeholders, insurance organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and various private sector players, we enable high performance across t...&... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new eHealth4everyone scholarship is going on.
Health Data Analytics (HDA) Fellowship
Aim and Benefits of Health Data Analytics (HDA) Fellowship
We believe that with an improvement in health data analytics, decision-makers and stakeholders alike would have the tools they need for evidence-based decisions, reducing avenues for assumptions resulting from the lack of data in healthcare delivery and service. The ultimate goal is that we achieve universal health coverage and that there is an improvement in the quality of life of Nigerian citizens.
The benefits of this fellowship include:
- Up to ?1,000,000.00 (per fellow) for postgraduate research (including research expenses e.g. equipment, data collection etc)
- Capacity building in research and health data analytics
- Possible job opportunities with eHealth4everyone on completion of the fellowship
- Access to a network of individuals with shared interests
- Mentorship and support from the administering body. This would translate into the provision of reviews and guidance during the course of their research.
- Provision of datasets on request.
Requirements for Health Data Analytics (HDA) Fellowship Qualification
To be eligible for this fellowship, the individual must fulfill the following requirements;
- Must hold an acceptable form of Identification (i.e. an International passport issued by the Nigerian immigration service; Drivers’ license; Voters’ Card, National Identity Number (NIN) card)
- Must be a postgraduate student of any accredited University with a valid means of identification
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree of at least a 3.5/5.0 CGPA (Second class upper honors) for Master’s students, and at least a Merit or its equivalent in Master’s, for PhD students.
Fellows are expected to tailor their research towards improving Nigerian health data and data systems around the following key areas:
- Health Governance
- Health outcomes
- Health financing
- Health Workforce
- Population and demographics
- Health facility service availability and readiness
- Drugs and logistics
- Service delivery
- Health Impact
- Health surveillance
The research goals can be pursued using any of the following approaches:
- Data Management
- Visual Analytics
- Data Mining
- Data Integration
- Multi-source data collation
- Advanced analytics
- Open data advocacy
- Big Data for health
- Data demand and use
- Statistical modelling of health data
- Health Information System interoperability
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth4everyone on ild3knpp.paperform.co
Please read the eligibility section above carefully before applying
- Carefully complete each section of the HDA fellowship form(s) and attach the required documents. These include:
- Official transcripts from Academic Institution,
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs)
- Admission letters,
- Statement of purpose (maximum of 500 words),
- Research proposal/summary including timelines for execution,
- Letter of recommendation from Supervisor, Head of Department or Dean;
- A previously published paper, if available. This would be an added advantage.
- A 2-minute video of the applicant explaining their research proposal and motivation, is required.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and awards will be given on a quarterly basis. For the next batch, Form(s) should be submitted on or before 8th January, 2022 by 11:59pm (WAT)
- The HDA fellowship committee will carefully review each proposal and make a final decision. If successful, applicants would be notified (within 8 weeks after the application deadline) that they have been selected to receive the research grant.
- Successful applicants must officially “accept” the offer via an email within a week.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and awards will be given on a quarterly basis.
Please note: Funds are to be used for the research work ONLY. Funds would possibly cover textbooks, equipment, publications, and travels (for data collection activities etc). Costs that are indirectly related to the research would need to be approved by the HDA fellowship committee.
In addition, results from all HDA funded research will be completely open for use by the eHealth for Everyone Foundation and others. There will be no copyrighting of research.
For more details, visit eHealth4everyone website.