The Open University (OU) has been awarded five fully-funded Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for citizens of Eastern African countries.
This is a unique opportunity to study the theory and practice of online and blended teaching through modules created by experts from The Open University’s Institute of Educational Technology who are pioneering in the design and delivery of digital teaching, learning and assessment. You’ll study ways in which new media, innovative pedagogies and cutting-edge educational technologies can be used effectively and equitably, across multiple sectors, to engage diverse learners and meet their needs.
About Open University
The Open University was established by Royal Charter on 23 April 1969 and celebrated its 50th birthday in 2019. We are the leading university for flexible, innovative teaching and world-leading research in the United Kingdom and in 157 countries worldwide. Uniquely placed to understand the needs of part-time students, combining their learning while earning, our innovative, award-winning distance teaching credentials have seen over 2 million students receive an education, otherwise denied to them at campus-based universities. In addition to UK qualit...... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Open University scholarship is going on.
Open University Commonwealth Distance Scholarships
Aim and Benefits of Open University Commonwealth Distance Scholarships
- The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition fees but no other expenses.
Requirements for Open University Commonwealth Distance Scholarships Qualification
- Be a citizen of, or have been granted refugee status by one of the eligible developing Commonwealth countries listed above, or be a British protected person; and
- Be permanently and continually resident in one of the eligible developing Commonwealth countries listed above; and
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases; and
- Be unable to afford to study your chosen course without this scholarship.
Application DeadlineMarch 28, 2023
How to Apply
- Candidates must apply and secure admission to study an approved Master’s course at a participating UK university in addition to applying for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship via the CSC’s online application system.
- The CSC is unable to accept any applications that are not submitted via the CSC’s online application system.
- Candidates are advised to complete and submit their Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship application as early as possible as the CSC’s online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
- Applications must include supporting documentation to be eligible.
For more details,visit Open University website