The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health at the University of Ghana, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in a full-time postgraduate programme with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2022–2023 academic year. Funding for these full scholarships is from TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (https://tdr.who.int/). Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of the WHO African Region are eligible to apply.
Scholarships will be offered for academic session 2022–2023, for a one-year Programme in Public Health, leading to an MPH degree or MSc. in Applied Health Social Science. The programmes are taught in English.
Master’s Degree Scholarships (12 months full-time)
- Master’s in Public Health run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences) (12 months full-time)
- MSc. Applied Health Social Science (12 months full-time) run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
About African Regional Training Centre (ARTC)
The African Regional Training Centre (ARTC) was established in 2014 with support from the World Health Organization (WHO) Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR). The centre was set up to strategically lead Implementation Research (IR) capacity building in the African region where unforeseen barriers and context specific complexities impede access to efficacious tools making interventions unable to reach target populations, hence suboptimal health outcomes. Ability to bridge this gap calls for the application of dynamic research tools that promote effective... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new African Regional Training Centre (ARTC) scholarship is going on.
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of TDR Postgraduate Scholarship
The scholarship covers:
- one round-trip economy airfare between the student’s home country and Accra, Ghana;
- tuition and academic fees;
- basic medical and accident insurance;
- a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation equivalent to local living costs; and
- support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection.
Requirements for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
- be resident in and nationals of a low- or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank) in the WHO African Region;
- be under 35 years old at the time of application;
- meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for international or local graduate students (for postgraduate admission requirements at University of Ghana, visit the how to apply to postgraduate programmes page);
- be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty;
- be proficient in English;
- provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of the programme; and
- consent to meet health requirements in line with regulations of the Government of Ghana and the University of Ghana.
Application DeadlineSeptember 9, 2022
How to Apply
To apply for the University of Ghana (Master of Public Health Programme or Master of Science Applied Health Social Science) TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research:
- Step One (1): Click on the link and read more about the application requirement processes, then click on “APPLY NOW” when you are ready to begin the process. https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes
- Step Two (2): Select the appropriate option (either “GHANAIAN APPLICANT” or “INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT”, create an account, login and begin the application process. Be sure to select either Master of Public Health or Msc. Applied Health Social Science.
- Step Three (3): Once the first two steps have been completed, click on the link (https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/tdr). Create an account and apply for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research (2022 academic year). Be sure to select either Master of Public Health (Social and Behavioral Science) or Msc. Applied Health Social Science. Complete all fields and upload the required documents before submitting.
Only applicants who have completed all three steps will be processed further.
For more details,visit ARTC website