The Africa Food Prize evolved from the Yara Prize, which was established in 2005. With agriculture emerging as Africa’s best bet for increasing food security and expanding economic opportunity, a $100,000 award called the Africa Food Prize, has been created to inspire innovations in the field and the marketplace.
Today, in places like Ghana and elsewhere in sub-Saharan Africa there are glimpses of the enormous progress African farmers can make when they have what they need to succeed, and how the food they produce and the income they earn can send good vibrations throughout the economy. But many challenges remain. In addition to a dearth of financing, millions of farmers lack understanding of good agricultural practices and they have limited or no access to high quality agricultural inputs, safe storage, and basic processing, which collude to stifle production and income opportunities.
About PPC Ltd
PPC Ltd, a supplier of cement, lime (material) and related products in southern Africa. It has 11 cement factories and a lime manufacturing facility in six African countries including South Africa, Botswana, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Zimbabwe. The company is headquartered in Sandton (Johannesburg).
PPC’s Materials business, consisting of Pronto Holdings (including Pronto Building Materials, Ulula Ash and 3Q Mahuma Concrete), forms part of the company’s channel management strategy for souther... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new PPC Ltd scholarship is going on.
Africa Food Prize
- OrganisationPPC Ltd
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- Application Deadline
June 17, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Africa Food Prize
The prize worths $100,000, a diploma and a trophy.
Requirements for Africa Food Prize Qualification
- The Africa Food Prize can be awarded to any individual or identifiable group of individuals, as well as to established institutions, associations, organizations or government bodies with a formal and recognized judicial and organizational structure contributing to the overall objectives of the Prize.
- The Prize can be awarded to any qualified candidate, irrespective of nationality, profession or location, whose work, and contributions deriving from the work, has had a clear impact on the African situation, nationally, regionally or for the continent.
- The Prize can be awarded with reference to a specific contribution or achievement, or a series of efforts and results in the recent past, preferably within the last few years. Current or recent members of the Africa Food Prize Committee, or an institution/ organization headed by such a member, are ineligible for the Prize.
- The Prize cannot be awarded to a person already deceased, but will be presented in the event a Prize winner dies before receiving the Prize. The Prize can be awarded to more than one winner, but not more than two.
- If shared, each winner will receive equal prize money (USD 100 000 divided in two), a diploma and a trophy.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Africa Food Prize
The Africa Food Prize Selection Criteria:
- Contribution to reducing poverty and hunger and/or improving food and nutrition security in measurable terms
- Contribution to providing a vital source of income and/or employment in measurable terms
- Potential for transformative change through scalability, replication, and sustainability
- Increased awareness and cooperation among African audiences and organizations
- Proven leadership potential of the individual or organization, specifically the ability of the to persevere desp
Application DeadlineJune 17, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to PPC Ltd on africafoodprize.org
For more details, visit Africa Food Prize website.