The African Union Internship Program provides an opportunity for interns to complement their educational experience and to develop their professional skills and experience through The AU internship program is a full-time engagement through which qualified individuals from diverse academic backgrounds are given the opportunity to gain professional exposure within the AU. As an organization which promotes respect for diversity and team work, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants should have a keen interest in the work of the AU and demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). The main objectives of the OAU were to rid the continent of the remaining vestiges of colonisation and apartheid; to promote unity and solidarity amongst African States; to coordinate and intensify cooperation for development; to safeguard the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Member States and to promote international cooperation... read more... read more
The program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills. It provides an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in an intercultural environment. The AU will further gain support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
• Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program OR
• Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced/ post graduate (Masters) qualification in a related academic field;
• Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
• Be full time students currently enrolled in the final year of their Bachelors or graduate school program.
• Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese).
• Be no more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
• Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
• Have not been convicted of any serious criminal offence excluding minor traffic offences.
• Prior work experience is not required for the internship positions.
For mor details, visit African Union website.