Nigeria LNG Limited is the proud sponsor of three of the biggest and most prestigious prizes in Africa for science, literature, and literary criticism: The Nigeria Prize for Science and The Nigeria Prize for Literature, each worth USD100,000 in award money, and The Nigeria Prize for Literary Criticism with a N1 million cash reward. This annual prize for science was instituted in 2004 by Nigeria LNG to recognise outstanding scientific achievements by scientists in line with its vision of helping to build a better Nigeria.
Title: Innovations and Technologies for Reducing the Effect of Climate Change
- Cure or protocols for effective management of specific/particular health challenges.
- Technologies/Protocols for effective management of healthcare therapy.
- Processes for managing major outbreaks/pandemics
About Nigeria LNG Limited
Nigeria LNG Limited was incorporated as a limited liability company on May 17, 1989 to harness Nigeria's vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for export. The establishment of NLNG is backed by the NLNG Act.
The company is owned by four shareholders, namely, the Federal Government of Nigeria, represented by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (49%); Shell (25.6%); Total Gaz Electricite Holdings France? (15%) and Eni (10.4%). It has wholly owned subsidiaries: Bonny Gas Transport (BGT) Limited and NLNG Ship Management Limited... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Nigeria LNG scholarship is going on.
NLNG Prize for Science Award
Aim and Benefits of NLNG Prize for Science Award
- A grand award of USD 100,000 to the deserving winner(s).
Requirements for NLNG Prize for Science Award Qualification
- The award is open to scientists an innovators worldwide (Nigerians and non-Nigerians) involved in the application of science to proffer innovations for enhancement of healthcare therapy.
- Members of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges or their relatives are not allowed to enter their works for the Science Prize during their year of service as well as the following year.
- Nigeria LNG staff or their family members are ineligible to enter for the prize.
- The work should be of outstanding merit and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and/or provide an innovative technology for reducing the effects of climate change.
- The entry should be a completed scientific work, substantiated by either a proof of concept or tangible societal impact.
- Only one entry can be submitted by an individual or group All materials in support of the entry must be submitted within the time stipulated.
Interview date, Process and Venue for NLNG Prize for Science Award
- Application Closing Date: April 30, 2024; Midnight GMT
- Winner Announcement: September 2024
- Award Presentation: October 2024
Application DeadlineApril 30, 2024
How to Apply
For more details,visit Nigeria LNG Limited website