The Dj Cares Scholarship is organized by Digital Jewels Africa with a vision of becoming Africa’s trusted guide in the emerging knowledge economy by providing high quality training, e-learning and specialised recruitment services.
Through the Dj Cares Scholarship, Digital Jewel Cares Africa seeks to provide career guidance to enable experienced and inexperienced professionals develop skills relevant to the information age.
About Digital Jewels Africa
DJCares, the CSR vehicle of Digital Jewels, a specialized Information Value Chain and Capacity Building Firm, has instituted a Scholarship scheme of N 200,000 to support the cause of promising but indigent students pursuing an IT profession. As part of the DJ Cares scheme for the year, a part scholarship will be awarded towards reducing the number of promising students who may otherwise have dropped out of School for lack of funds and encouraging them to excel.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative is a demonstration of our quest to build capacity for speciali... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Digital Jewels Africa scholarship is going on.
Digital Jewels Africa Cares Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Digital Jewels Africa Cares Scholarship
- A Dj Cares Scholarship beneficiary will receive a N200,000.00 cash prize as support towards pursuing a IT-related degree.
Apart from the scholarship, there will be Opportunity for placement by Digital Jewels during holiday’s, designated Industrial Training Periods, and Youth Service.
Requirements for Digital Jewels Africa Cares Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for the Dj Cares scholarship award selection, candidates must ensure they meet all criteria’s as stated below
- IT related course of study. Specifically, Computer Science (single or combined degree), Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- GPA of at least 3.75/5 each semester since university enrollment.
- Must not be more than 23 years by Oct. of the application year
- Must have spent at least 2yrs in university
- Must have English language proficiency (oral & written).
- Must produce two (2) credible references, 1 of which must be a reference from your current institution e.g H.O.D, Dean e.t.c
Documents Required for Application
Students who meet eligibility criteria would write and submit an essay not more than 500 words on one of the three topics below.
- Balancing innovation and security: The Ethical Dilemma of AI-Enabled Deepfakes in information technology and what it means for information security.
- Tech Literacy and Its Importance in the 21st Century: Analyze the importance of tech literacy in today’s world and how it impacts personal growth and opportunities.
- My Digital Footprint: Understanding the Impact of My Online Presence: Reflect on your online activities and discuss how your digital footprint can affect your future education and career prospects.
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Digital Jewels Africa on www.digitaljewels.net
Students who have successfully written their essay and are ready to upload will continue the application process by clicking the “Apply” button below to enable them fill in their data and upload essay.
Note: file must be in pdf format.
- Amount available & tenor is fixed. Only 1 person/family will benefit over a 5yr period.
- Relations/wards of Digital Jewels staff or partner/associated companies are not eligible to apply.
- Quarterly feedback to be sought from HOD.
- Scholarship may be withdrawn where academic performance, attitude & value system fall below stipulated expectation after selection/award.
- Applicants must NOT currently be a beneficiary of any other scholarship scheme.
For more details,visit Digital Jewels Africa website