The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2022-2023 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background. The program is open to qualified students who meet all the minimum qualifications. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple, and Facebook. Google was founded in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University in California. The company's rapid growth since incorporation has triggered a chain of products, acquisitions, and partnerships beyond Google's core se... read more
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
The five short answer essay questions below are intended to assess your computer science experience, demonstrated leadership, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and financial need. Each response to the five questions below should be 300 words or less.
1) How did you become interested in computer science, and what are your goals or aspirations when you think about pursuing a degree in this field? In your answer, please describe how your experiences have influenced the goals you have for yourself.
2) Please describe the most significant computer science project or research you have worked on, how you approached key technical challenges, and what you gained from the experience. It might have been a class assignment, a research project or work as an intern. If the project was team-based, specify your individual role and contributions in the project. Treat this essay as a technical report or research paper. Feel free to use tables, references, or figures.
3) Please give us one example of how you have exhibited leadership. Explain how you were influential, what you were trying to achieve and the impact you had as a result. These need not be demonstrated through formal or traditional leadership roles. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of your technical community, your university or your broader community.
4) What is a significant challenge that you believe women in the field of technology face and how do you see yourself as being part of the solution(s) to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
5) What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
For more details, visit Google website.