The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship is offered annually under a special scholarship award scheme. The scholarship awards will provide applicants the opportunity to study at the University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB] and Politeknik Brunei (PB).
Applications are invited for Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships 2023/2024 available for foreign students to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali University [UNISSA], Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB] and Politeknik Brunei (PB)in Brunei. These scholarships are awarded to the students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others. Scholarship award is normally tenable for the duration of the programme.
About Government of Brunei Darussalam
The Government of Brunei Darussalam is the union government created by the constitution of Brunei where by the Sultan of Brunei is both head of state and head of government (Prime Minister of Brunei). Executive power is exercised by the government. Brunei has a legislative council with 36 appointed members, that only has consultative tasks. Under Brunei's 1959 constitution, His Majesty Hassanal Bolkiah, is the head of state with full executive authority, including emergency powers since 1962. The Sult... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Government of Brunei Darussalam scholarship is going on.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship
The scholars are exempted from paying tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees as determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
One return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Upon completion of the program, Baggage allowance to a maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospitals, However an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist.
- Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
Requirements for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2023.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship
The scholarship award is normally tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the specific degree which is four years for a first degree with honours, one to two years for a master’s degree, three years for a doctoral degree at UBD, UNISSA and ITB, two and a half years for HND at ITB, three years for diploma of health sciences at UBD, all on a full time basis.
Documents Required for Application
- Recent passport size photograph;
- Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts);
- Certified English translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents that are not in English;
- Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport;
- References and recommendations from referees. (C1 and C2)
Application DeadlineFebruary 15, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Government of Brunei Darussalam on docs.google.com
For more details,visit Government of Brunei Darussalam website