The KIC Agritech Challenge Pro is an accelerator program aiming to support young entrepreneurs to launch and grow commercially viable, scalable solutions to key problems in the agricultural sector. The program aims to drive technology and innovation as a catalyst to enhancing productivity, improving yields, and creating more jobs within Ghana’s agricultural sector.
About Kosmos Innovation Center (KIC)
At KIC, we are committed to increasing awareness of agricultural opportunities and the associated entrepreneurial benefits for the youth. To achieve this, we have rolled out a series of programs and projects to reach and support them at each level of their growth. The KIC projects are structured to provide support to youth ranging from high school students to Medium-scale business owners
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Kosmos Innovation Center (KIC) scholarship is going on.
AgriTech Challenge Pro
Aim and Benefits of AgriTech Challenge Pro
- The winners are announced at the end of the AgriTech Challenge Pro, which follows the Classic. Winning startups would receive up to $50,000 in seed funding (grant).
- There would be several coaching and business review sessions organized by the universities who are KIC partners on the Pro.
Requirements for AgriTech Challenge Pro Qualification
Criteria for applying to 2022 KIC AgriTech Challenge Pro
- Must have an existing team of 2-4 co-founders
- Startup should not be older than 2 years (from the date of business registration)
- All founders should be between 18 and 35 years
- All founders must be resident in Ghana
- All founders must have completed tertiary education or be tertiary students
- All founders must be available and committed for full duration of the KIC Program
- Business idea must address a problem in the agricultural value chain
- All female-led teams are highly encouraged to apply
Application DeadlineDecember 24, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Kosmos Innovation Center (KIC) on airtable.com
The 2023 Pro trainings would mostly be virtual, organized on Zoom. The physical training sessions would be hosted by the KIC Hub in Accra.
For more details,visit KIC website