Lex:lead is a group of international lawyers and friends who support economic development focusing on the world’s least developed countries. They offer an annual essay competition on topics of law and development to students from eligible countries.
In 2015 they also started placing their students in internships with the World Bank and NGOs and in 2018 they began offering mentoring to their winners. Launched with funding from the International Bar Association Foundation, Lex:lead is a partner to the World Bank-supported Global Forum on Law, Justice and Development.
The competition invites top-ranked essays answering this year’s essay question: How effective have laws protecting the rights of children been to reduce poverty and support economic development? How could they be improved?
Lex:lead was founded in 2010 to continue the work of the Global Challenge, a group that had formed in 2001 under the International Bar Association to bring lawyers worldwide to the issue of development focusing on the least developed countries. Joining the Global Challenge in 2005, Anne was named its director. In 2010 the founding members set up Lex:lead as a New York Not-for-Profit registered charity with US Section 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Lex:lead scholarship is going on.
Lex-led Annual Essay Competition
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- Application Deadline
October 31, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Lex-led Annual Essay Competition
- Up to 16 US$500 awards will be available. Awards are generally payable to the winner’s educational institution on his/her behalf and not to the winning student directly. Funds received may also be less any necessary bank conversion fees and/or taxes. Lex:lead will never charge a fee to participate.
- A Certificate of Participation will be sent to all registered candidates who submit an essay by 31 December 2023.
Requirements for Lex-led Annual Essay Competition Qualification
- Eligible student should be with citizenship and enrolment with at least one law class in an eligible country.
- Finalists will need to show citizenship and current enrolment at an accredited institution in one of the eligible countries with at least one law class to be confirmed for an award.
- Americas: Haiti
- Asia/Pacific/Middle East: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Kiribati, Lao, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Yemen
- Africa: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, DR Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan (Rep.), Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Application DeadlineOctober 31, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Lex:lead on lex-lead.org
For more details,visit Lex-led website