Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
About London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
Founded in 1899 at the London Docks, LSHTM is now based in Bloomsbury, where it has two main sites at Keppel Street and Tavistock Place, and additional sites in The Gambia and Uganda. Today, our staff, students and alumni work in government, academia, international agencies and health services across the world. Learn more about the history of LSHTM.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine scholarship is going on.
LSHTM Masters Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of LSHTM Masters Scholarship
Three scholarships are available for the 2024-25 academic year. Each scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00.
Requirements for LSHTM Masters Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- Be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- Intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM; and
- Confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the Scholarships Application Form; and
- Meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements; and
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- Hold an offer of admission for 2024-25 for one of LSHTM’s London-based intensive MSc programmes of study
Documents Required for Application
- CV or Resume.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Supplementary Questions Form.
Application DeadlineMarch 4, 2024
How to Apply
The application process has two steps. To be considered for the funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Monday 04 March 2024.
- Step 1
- Step 2
- In your application to study you should select the scholarships you are applying for in the ‘FUNDING DETAILS’ part of the application form. If you do not select the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders on your application, you will not be considered for this funding.
- Attach a Scholarships Application Form to your application to study completed in Step 1. A completed Scholarships Application Form must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only scholarships attachment required (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc as part of their application for study).
For more details,visit LSHTM website