The Mozida Africa Excellence Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that has been established by the Mozida Foundation to attract high-performing students who are leaders and agents of communal change to pursue a master's degree at institutions of higher learning in Bolivia.
The first category comprises African students with excellent academic backgrounds, verifiable from their graduating class of degrees, academic transcripts and excellent commendations from previous tutors, lecturers and university staff.
About Mozida Foundation
For almost two decades, the Mozida Foundation has been dedicated to providing equal opportunities to underserved populations. Through our dedication to offering healthcare, charitable services, and scholarships, Mozida Foundation is committed to improving the lives of marginalized populations.
We consider opportunities for personal development, support for those in need, and access to high-quality healthcare to be fundamental cornerstones for creating a just and prosperous society. The Mozida African Excellence Scholarship is our most recent project. According to recent research, Africa&rsq... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Mozida scholarship is going on.
Mozida Foundation Excellence Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Mozida Foundation Excellence Scholarship
- Fully-funded scholarship will cover 100% of tuition fees
- A monthly allowance for all scholarship recipients ($1600 per month) throughout the duration of study provided that the awardee meets up with the departmental CGPA requirements.
- Shared same-sex accommodation (two per room for singles, one per room for married couples)
- Reimbursement of one-way economy flight to Bolivia (only once) as well as return flight ticket (economy class)
- 60% of national health insurance, including annual medical check-ups.
- All MS students participating in research projects will receive a research assistantship of $1000.
- Opportunity to study at a top Bolivian university without worrying about financial expenses and a chance to explore the Bolivian culture.
Requirements for Mozida Foundation Excellence Scholarship Qualification
- Be a citizen and hold a valid passport (or verifiable means of identification) from one of the 54 countries of Africa.
- Hold a recognized university bachelor degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university in any field.
- Complete and submit an application via the online platform on or before the deadline 11:59PM (GMT), 30th April, 2024.
- Be ready to commence study in an eligible master coursework degree program at a Bolivian university.
- Not be a current beneficiary of a separate Bolivian University scholarship.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses, in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Mozida Foundation Excellence Scholarship
- Scholarship offers will be made on only two bases: the basis of academic merit and the basis of communal impact. All academic merit determinations are determined according to the University’s procedures for determining GPA.
- Successful students will receive notification of the value of their scholarship with their Letter of Offer and should review the full terms and conditions before accepting the offer.
- The value of the awarded scholarship, the length of program, the primary language of instruction and whether there will be a pre-semester for language classes will all be indicated clearly on the offer letter.
- Mozida foundation reserves the right not to award the scholarship.
- There is no age restriction.
- French, Arabic and English speakers are strongly encouraged to apply as there is no language preference or restriction.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Documents Required for Application
- Copy of International Passport or other valid means of identification.
- Bachelor Certificates (Also attach an English translation if the original certificate is not in English or French)
- Complete official bachelor transcripts (The transcript should contain names and grade of all courses taken and should be attached with an English translation if the original transcript is not in English)
- Two (2) Recommendation Letters from your referees
- Statement-of-Purpose (A maximum two-page essay focusing on your career and research goals).
- Passport Size Photo with single-color background
Note: The application portal accepts PDF, JPG, JPEG and PNG only. The total size of all uploaded documents must not exceed a maximum of 15 MB.
Recommendation Letter Guidelines
- A referee can be an academician, a religious leader, a community leader (or figure), work supervisor, etc.
- Each application shall be supported with two (2) recommendation letters. We recommend that each recommendation letter should not exceed two (2) pages.
- All recommendation letters must be written and duly signed by referees on the letter head of their affiliated institutions.
- A good recommendation should include relationship between referee and applicant, duration of the relationship, grade in course, reports on collaboration or supervision, etc.
- Applicants can submit recommendation letters on their own. However, referees of successful applicants might be contacted, hence referees should ensure that they included their functioning emails and contact details.
- Applicants applying for Academic Excellence Scholarship must use at least one (1) academic referee.
Application DeadlineApril 30, 2024
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Mozida Foundation on mozidafoundation.org
- Your personal statement should be between 500-1000 words and should for no reason exceed two (2) pages.
- Your personal statement should be authentic and unique to you. It should include an introduction, motivation to apply for this scholarship and for the course chosen, educational background, relevant experience and how this scholarship aligns with your future goals.
- We strongly advice that you submit your application on a computer using an updated software like Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- For no reason should one candidate submit more than one application (using different emails and/or details). Documents will be matched and all duplicate submissions may lead to disqualification.
- If at any point during or after your application submission it is found that you have deliberately provided false and/or misleading details, your application and/or scholarship will be revoked and cancelled.
For more details, visit Mozida Foundation website