Applications to be part of MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa Academy class of 2023 are now open MTF South Africa is a 12-month long industry readiness programme that affords the opportunity to learn from some of the leading TV producers in the country while acquiring valuable experience in the directing, producing, cinematography, commissioning, art direction and many other skills.”
The MTF South Africa programme has three pillars:
- MTF South Africa Academy – 1 year internship academy for university graduates from qualifying institutions who meet the academic qualifying criteria.
- MTF South Africa Scriptwriting Incubator – 1 year programme for budding scriptwriters. This programme is not limited to university graduates.
- MTF South Africa Bursary Programme – Full 1 year tuition for 2nd year or higher university students from qualifying institutions who meet the academic and the financial need qualifying criteria will be considered. Under consideration will also be national Economically Active Populations (EAP) targets
About MultiChoice Talent Factory
MultiChoice Africa’s legacy is to showcase Africa’s diversity and rich culture through the continent’s deep-rooted storytelling history. The African entertainment industry is at the core of who we are and what we do. MultiChoice Africa recognises the critical role we can play in building and strengthening the creative industries across Africa – our 17 local M-Net channels are available in a variety of regional languages, telling original African stories. As a business born and bred in Africa, MultiChoice has a long-term commitment to making a socio-economic difference, ... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new MultiChoice Talent Factory scholarship is going on.
MTF South Africa Academy
Requirements for MTF South Africa Academy Qualification
- Internships only available to South African citizens
- Must have completed (in 2020/2021), a 3year Diploma / Degree in Film and TV or related qualification
- Must have achieved a minimum of C + Aggregate
Documents Required for Application
- CV – not more than 2 pages
- Personal motivation letter of not more than 500 words (why should you be chosen?)
- Copy of South African Identity Document - certified
- Copy of matric certificate - certified
- Copy of academic transcripts / Tertiary qualification Certificate - certified
- Confirmation of banking details – verified by bank with bank stamp and/or letter
- Proof of residential address
Application DeadlineFebruary 28, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to MultiChoice Talent Factory on uat.multichoicetalentfactory.com
Download the application form (below), fill it in, provide all the supporting documents listed below and email directly to: [email protected] by 28 February 2023 12pm. Quote the subject line: MTF South Africa Academy 2023 application.
For more details, visit MTF website.
- Applicants must ensure that all information included in their entry is valid and true.
- All applicant information will be subject to credit, criminal and verification checks.
- MultiChoice decision in the selection of the interns for the 2023 MTF South Africa Academy is final.
- MultiChoice shall not be responsible for any electronic system failure that results in any particular entry not being received for consideration.
- MultiChoice is not liable for the costs any applicant incurs during the process of their electronic application (example: airtime usage or payment at Wi-Fi café)
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all information which they include in their submission is valid and true.
- MultiChoice has the right to expand, limit, downscale and/or terminate the MultiChoice Talent Factory Academy at its discretion.
- Entry is limited to citizens of South Africa who meet the stated entry criteria.
- 2021 MTF Academy interns are prohibited from being selected again.
- There is no guarantee of employment at the end of the internship.
- MultiChoice reserves the right to terminate any internship at any time.