New York University (NYU) Africa House Fellowship is now open for applications. The Program has been fortunate to receive external donor funding to offer six (6) research grants for current undergraduate and graduate students seeking funding support for short-term fellowship opportunities.
This fellowship of $1,500 is awarded to two (2) students to cover costs associated with research activities linked to the search for innovative solutions that have the capacity to enrich the lives of people in the developing world. Fellowships support undergraduate and graduate students to cover costs associated with research projects undertaken in the Spring, Summer, or Fall of 2024, in the following Africa House/CTED research areas:
- Economic and Political Theory
- Economic Development and Technology
- Food and Agricultural Markets
- Migration and Diaspora
- Local Governance, Cultural Norms, and Development of Property Rights
About New York University (NYU)
New York University (NYU) is a private nonprofit nonsectarian research university based in New York City. Founded in 1831, NYU is considered one of the world’s most influential and foremost research universities. University rankings compiled by U.S. News & World Report, Times Higher Education and the Academic Ranking of World Universities all rank NYU among the top 32 universities in the world. NYU is organized into more than 20 schools, colleges, and institutes, located in six centers throughout Manhattan and Downtown Brooklyn. NYU's main campus is located at Greenwich Village i... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new New York University scholarship is going on.
NYU Africa House Fellowship Programs
Requirements for NYU Africa House Fellowship Programs Qualification
Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at New York University, graduating no sooner than May 2025.
- Explain how you plan to participate in the intellectual life of Africa House/CTED in the Africa House Fellowship Application Form.
- Author or co-author one (1) research paper providing findings of your research project, to be submitted to Africa House/CTED in Spring 2025.
- Present research findings at Africa House in Spring 2025.
Interview date, Process and Venue for NYU Africa House Fellowship Programs
- Africa House/CTED Development Impact Fellowship: 1st March 2024
- NYU Africa House Thoyer Fellowship: 1st March 2024
- Robert Holmes Travel/Research Award for African Scholarship: See in Link below
- NYU Gallatin and Africa House Bergman Summer Fellowship: 1st March 2024
- Africa House-SPS Tisch Center Bergman Fellowship – 1st March 2024
- NYU Migration Network Graduate Student Award for Summer Research on Migration (with Wagner School of Public Service) – See in Link below
Documents Required for Application
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (referees should email letters directly to [email protected])
- 2-3 page Africa-focused research proposal. The proposal could be an outline of your research or a study that is presently underway that will be further enhanced by the fellowship. The proposal should be written for educated readers, but not experts in your field. Proposals should include the following: research question, thesis/hypothesis, methodology/design, significance, and budget justification.
- Africa House Fellowship Application Form (upload the above mentioned items in the Google form)
Application DeadlineMarch 1, 2024
How to Apply
Questions: Please email [email protected]
For more details, visit NYU website