Application for the 2024 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholars Program is now open!
Each year, the NHEF identifies talented young Nigerians from our various Partner Universities who have demonstrated strong academic excellence and well-roundedness in both professional and extracurricular pursuits and provides them with intensive career training and skill-building exercises needed to aid them in long-term career development.
To qualify as an NHEF Scholar, each candidate must possess a strong commitment to Leadership, Community Service, and Philanthropy, as well as making a lasting impact across the globe. Eligible applicants are penultimate students at our Partner universities, i.e. 300 Level students studying a 4 year course or 400-level students studying a 5 year course.
About Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF)
A strong, world-class higher education sector in Nigeria is essential to the development of the next generation of leaders; and contributes to a growing economy, facilitates a just and vibrant social structure, and promotes participation in a stable, lasting democracy. The NHEF is working toward a future in which Nigerian higher education is one of the best in the world – one where Nigerian institutions develop global scholars and leaders of the 21st century that can make a lasting impact in Nigeria and throughout Africa. Therefore, we seek to collaborate with Nigerian universities, and ... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Nigeria Higher Education Foundation scholarship is going on.
NHEF Scholarship Program
Aim and Benefits of NHEF Scholarship Program
- Each Scholar goes through a weeklong orientation program that exposes them to career development training that is pivotal in facilitating an easy transition into the global workforce.
- During the NHEF Scholars Program, each scholar undergoes intensive training by a thoroughly selected group of international facilitators.
- The Scholars will take up internship placements at our Partner Firms, which typically last 6 – 8 weeks. They also go through a robust curriculum, ensuring continuous personal and professional development.
Requirements for NHEF Scholarship Program Qualification
- Candidates must showcase a strong commitment to Leadership, Community Service, and Philanthropy, demonstrating the potential to make a lasting impact globally.
- Eligible applicants are penultimate students at NHEF Partner Universities, specifically 300 Level students in 4-year courses or 400-level students in 5-year courses.
Interview date, Process and Venue for NHEF Scholarship Program
Application DeadlineMarch 29, 2024
How to Apply
- Log on to the NHEF application portal: https://portal.thenhef.org/.
- Register by creating an account on the portal: enter your first and last name, email address, phone number, and password.
- After registering, verify your email address by checking the inbox of the email address you registered with. Click the link or copy the URL to your internet browser.
- Once your account has been validated, log in using the email address and password you created.
- Proceed to the application by clicking on the APPLY tab from the dashboard.
- Complete all the bio-data information and the program essay questions on the application page.
- Candidates should be prepared to upload the following supporting documents: a one-page Curriculum Vitae (CV), a one-page Cover Letter and the most recent Statement of Result (All in PDF format).
- Review application responses and submit.
- Note: We suggest that interested candidates should have the responses to the application questions already filled on a separate document, e.g., Word Document, so it will be easier to copy and paste their responses into the application answer box. This is because the application cannot be saved. Hence, it must be filled and submitted at once.
For more details,visit NHEF website