Global Short Docs Forum is a much needed and dedicated initiative to nurture new talent in documentary shorts, giving them access to the growing number of digital media platforms.
GSDF is open to applications from all parts of the world, for documentary projects up to 30 minutes, either in production or post-production, with existing footage. 16 filmmakers will be selected to attend a series of online workshops, mentoring, and one to one pitches.
In the past, GSDF has hosted some of the most established international media outlets, including: Arte France, BBC Arabic, CBC, Al Jazeera, BBC Africa, The Guardian, Coda Story and Our World.
About One World Media
For over 30 years we have been working with partners in the UK and internationally to support international journalism and promote media coverage of global issues.
One World Media is a non-profit organisation based in London, UK.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new One World Media scholarship is going on.
One World Media Global Short Docs Forum
- OrganisationOne World Media
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- Application Deadline
December 13, 2022
Aim and Benefits of One World Media Global Short Docs Forum
- OWM does not provide a grant or funding as part of the Forum. They do however provide training, mentoring, and workshops to improve your project proposal and pitching skills, ahead of the one-to-one meetings with representatives from online platforms. If a platform is interested in working with you on your film, you are likely to receive a fee in line with your commission, acquisition or distribution deal.
Requirements for One World Media Global Short Docs Forum Qualification
- Proposals are invited from anyone, anywhere in the world.
- The focus is on films that have a social, political or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach or gives a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
- They prioritise filmmakers from areas with low production capacity or little global visibility, as well as underrepresented filmmakers in geographical areas of established media production.
- They are especially looking for stories from Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia or the Post-Soviet States.
Application DeadlineDecember 13, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to One World Media on oneworldmedia.awardsplatform.com
For more details,visit One World Media website