They are accepting applications from qualified individuals interested in working for a minimum of six months on a full-time basis with UNITAR. Under the supervision of the Team Leader, Youth and Women Empowerment, the trainee will provide support on a wide variety of tasks linked to the development and delivery of a wide range of activities.
Individual work plans will be designed in accordance with specific terms of reference, which also highlight learning objectives as the traineeship is intended to allow trainees to develop specific skills and competences.
Specific working areas will include:
- Support with the development of activities and partnerships to strengthen UNITAR’s portfolio on youth, peace and security;
- Support to identifying pathways and strategies to ensure accessibility of existing youth, peace and security offers and help with its dissemination to new audiences;
- Logistical and administrative support for the implementation of trainings and other events;
- Support with the drafting of various written outputs;
- Support the pillar with cross-cutting priorities in the working area “Youth and Women’s Empowerment” of UNITAR’s Division for Peace;
- Support with any other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
About United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new United Nations Institute for Training and scholarship is going on.
Aim and Benefits of UNITAR Traineeship
- Trainees for this position at UNITAR can based in either the UNITAR Office in Geneva or work home based. Trainees will receive a monthly stipend of 900 CHF in Geneva or $700USD for a home-based position. Trainees are not staff members and shall not represent the Institute in any official capacity.
Requirements for UNITAR Traineeship Qualification
Applicants should have a strong background in one or more the following fields:
- Peace studies/International relations
- Social entrepreneurship
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and accessibility
The trainee should possess:
- A keen interest in working on training and capacity building.
- Advanced knowledge working knowledge with the MS Office Suite, and a readiness to learn new IT skills in order to be able to efficiently work in the digital working space.
- Experience of working with project concept development at international level will also be an advantage.
- Other qualities, such as a willingness to learn, dedication and independence at work are welcome.
- Fluency in English is essential. Working knowledge of Arabic or Spanish is considered an advantage.
Application DeadlineDecember 5, 2023
How to Apply
Submit your application along with a motive letter as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement. Due to high number of expected applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more details,visit UNITAR website