The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia, and Latin America, who do research that fits one of the thirteen departments at the University of Konstanz.
As a ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz while keeping your position at home. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic systems, they also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
As a fellow,
- You will live in Konstanz or nearby throughout the onsite ZUKOnnect Fellowship (the Welcome Centre at the University of Konstanz will support you with all organizational aspects of relocating to Konstanz).
- During the digital affiliation and the on-campus research stay, you will actively contribute to the interdisciplinary dialogue at the Zukunftskolleg, e.g. during weekly Jour fixe meetings (in the semester).
- You will interact with fellows and researchers in relevant departments at the University of Konstanz.
- You will give a presentation in a seminar or a public lecture.
- You will acknowledge the Zukunftskolleg’s support in any publications resulting from the stay.
- You will write a short report on your activities and achievements (within 6 months of completing your ZUKOnnect Fellowship).
About University Of Konstanz
University Of Excellence Konstanz
The University of Konstanz has once again been selected as one of eleven Universities of Excellence or consortia in Germany. It has been successful in all funding lines of both the German Excellence Initiative and the Excellence Strategy since 2007.
The University of Konstanz is a university in the city of Konstanz in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Its main campus was opened on the Gießberg in 1972 after being founded in 1966.... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University Of Konstanz scholarship is going on.
University of Konstanz Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships
Aim and Benefits of University of Konstanz Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships
- During the on-campus research stay, a stipend of € 1,200/month for doctoral students and €2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines).
- Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to library resources.
- Access to IT services.
- Access to research support services (via Research Support).
- ZUKOnnect Fellows will benefit from a digital affiliation extending the total period to 12 months. The digital affiliation will be supported with up to €900 (lump sum).
Requirements for University of Konstanz Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships Qualification
- You are educated AND currently work in Latin America, Asia, and/or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 years, doctoral degree granted after 15 February 2021) OR are a doctoral student in your final year.
- Your doctorate was/ is going to be completed at a university in Latin America, Asia, or Africa.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a habilitation or equivalent qualification (Venia legendi).
- Your research project fits one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz – possibly a current Fellow of the Zukunftskolleg – with whom you intend to collaborate (please do not contact person(s) in advance).
Documents Required for Application
- A letter of motivation (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and an explanation of how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university; maximum 2 pages)
- Short summary of your ongoing research project (maximum 3 pages incl. references)
- A detailed work and time plan for your on-campus research project at the Zukunftskolleg (maximum 2 pages)
- Your curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR a letter from your doctoral supervisor confirming the status of your doctoral thesis)
- One academic letter of reference, ideally on official letterhead paper and signed by the respective reviewer
Application DeadlineFebruary 15, 2023
How to Apply
Submit your application documents in English as separate PDF files via the online application portal. The reference number is 2022/289.
For more details,visit University of Konstanz website