Do you want to submit a paper for consideration for the CSAE Conference 2024? Or have you already made a submission but would like to make a change? Our conference uses Oxford Abstracts, an online submission system, to manage abstract and paper submissions.
Conference papers address economic analysis of the broad issues relevant for economic development in Africa. The conference consists of parallel sessions, with plenary sessions and a keynote.
About University of Oxford
As the oldest university in the English-speaking world, Oxford is a unique and historic institution. There is no clear date of foundation, but teaching existed at Oxford in some form in 1096 and developed rapidly from 1167, when Henry II banned English students from attending the University of Paris.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of Oxford scholarship is going on.
Aim and Benefits of CSAE Conference
- This funding is available to African presenters who are currently living and working in Africa, and who will be travelling from Africa to the CSAE Conference 2024.
- If awarded, and we can facilitate travel, funding will cover flights, accommodation, and conference registration costs. Please note, speakers who are awarded funding are expected to attend the Conference for all three days.
- All funded speakers are also asked to attend a pre-conference workshop in Kampala, Uganda, from 27-30 November 2023 (also funded).
Requirements for CSAE Conference Qualification
Only submissions that contain a Full Paper will go through the refereeing process as we cannot review incomplete submissions.
There is limited funding available to cover the cost of registration fees, flights and accommodation. To be considered for funding, the applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- the applicant must be both the submitter and presenter of the paper
- the paper must be accepted to the Conference
- the applicant must be an African national
- the applicant must be currently living and working in Africa
- the applicant must be traveling to the conference from Africa
If your co-authors would also like to apply for funding, then they must be the submitter and presenter of their own unique paper that they have authored.
Funding applications are made when you submit your paper online. To apply for funding, please click on YES in the section “I would like to apply for funding…” when you complete the online submission form.
Application DeadlineSeptember 19, 2023
How to Apply
It is important to take note of the submission information before applying.
FOLLOW THE TWO STEPS BELOW TO CREATE YOUR OXFORD ABSTRACTS ACCOUNT AND SUBMIT YOUR PAPER.
Step 1: Create An Oxford Abstracts Account
- Create an Oxford Abstracts account with your email address (please use your institution email address) and a password.
- You will receive an email from Oxford Abstracts asking you to verify your email address. Click the ‘verify email’ button in this email.
- When your account is created, you will see a generic message asking you to go to the conference website you are interested in. Enter the CSAE Conference 2024 Submission Form link into your browser again and this will take you to the CSAE Conference 2024 submission form (and now you have an Oxford Abstracts account).
Step 2. Complete The CSAE Conference 2024 Submission Form
Once you have created an Oxford Abstracts account you will be able to submit a paper for consideration to the Conference. You must fill in all required fields (the form allows you to leave your submission incomplete, so please be aware that you must ensure all fields are filled in yourself).
- Follow the link to the CSAE Conference 2024 submission form.
- Complete all the fields in the submission form.
When you have filled in all the fields on a page of the form, click ‘Next’ in the bottom right of the page to move on to the next page. If you have not filled in a field that is required, a notification box will appear to let you know that you need to go back and fill this in.
- Submit and complete your form.
When you have completed all of the form information and uploaded your paper, you can then click ‘Submit’ in the bottom right hand corner of page 3 of the form. You will then see all of your submission information for you to review.
If you need to make a change to the information, click ‘Amend’ in the top left hand corner, this will take you back to the form to edit your information. If you have completed all required fields and are happy with your submission information, please click ‘Complete’.
If you do not complete all required fields, your submission will be ‘incomplete’ and will not considered. In this instance you will receive an email letting you know that your submission is incomplete and you will have until the submission deadline (19 September 2023) to complete the submission.
For more details, visit University of Oxford website.