Wellington International Excellence Scholarship is aimed to recruit high-achieving undergraduate international students currently studying in New Zealand to Victoria University of Wellington and to support them in their studies.
About Victoria University of Wellington
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Victoria University of Wellington scholarship is going on.
Victoria University of Wellington Wellington International Excellence Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Victoria University of Wellington Wellington International Excellence Scholarship
The majority of these scholarships will be awarded at $20,000 over three years of study.
- All recipients of the Wellington International Excellence Scholarships are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of our Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by University Accommodation Wellington by 1 October.
- Scholarships will be comprised of $10,000 for the first year of study, and a further $5,000 for the second and third years of study, provided a Grade Point Average of 7 (A- average) is maintained. Students must also study full-time (at least 120 points a year) in order to continue to hold the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship. These scholarships will be credited to tuition fees after the final withdrawal date for Trimester 1 (roughly two weeks after the first day of the trimester).
Requirements for Victoria University of Wellington Wellington International Excellence Scholarship Qualification
- Applicants must be international full-fee paying students.
- Applicants must have completed at least one full year (ie. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand secondary school.
- Applicants must be enrolling in their first year of their first undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must have NCEA Level 2 (or 3 if taken in Year 12) endorsed with Excellence or equivalent in another qualification.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Victoria University of Wellington Wellington International Excellence Scholarship
These scholarships are for international school leaver students who have completed at least one full year (ie. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand secondary school and who are enrolling at Victoria University of Wellington in Trimester 1 of the year following application. Scholarships will be competitive on the basis of academic merit.
Selection will be made by a panel of Wellington University International staff.
Documents Required for Application
- A personal statement.
- A reference from your School principal or nominee (requested through the online application).
Application DeadlineSeptember 1, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Victoria University of Wellington on wellingtonscholarships.communityforce.com
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date.
For more details visit: Victoria University of Wellington website.