The Global Ambassadors Program (GAP) is designed for women leaders of purpose-driven businesses, social enterprises and non-profit organizations – providing mentorship, training and a network of support to help grow your organization and your personal development.
This fall GAP will take place in New York City November 6-10 and will address the ongoing needs and challenges facing women leaders in the handmade and handcraft sector from around the world who are addressing some of the world’s greatest challenges, such as economic empowerment and human rights. GAP NYC will also underscore the critical function that women can—and must—play in moving their nation forward by amplifying the role of women as drivers of innovation and socio-economic growth.
The program includes mentoring sessions and strategic workshops focused on building : access to markets, organizational management, financial acumen and leadership skills.
The program is a partnership between Vital Voices, a leading NGO in women’s leadership and development and Bank of America, based on a shared belief in the need to invest in women who are creating economic and social progress around the world.
About Vital Voices
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a global movement that invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s greatest challenges. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity and visibility. Over the last 22 years, we have built a network of 18,000 change makers across 182 countries who are collectively daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Vital Voices scholarship is going on.
Vital Voices Global Ambassadors Program
Aim and Benefits of Vital Voices Global Ambassadors Program
If selected for the Global Ambassadors Program, you will receive:
- Travel, accommodations and meals to participate in the in-person program in New York City in the week of November 6-10, 2023.
- Trainings on:
- Market Access
- Product Development
- A Product Critique with well-known Designers
- A marketplace opportunity to showcase and sell your products
- Mentorship with a small group of established woman executives.
- Inclusion in the Vital Voices network of more than 20,000 women from 184 countries and territories around the world.
- Opportunity for cross-cultural exchange with women from around the globe.
- Opportunities for your business/organization to be profiled via digital channels, social media and in earned media coverage
Requirements for Vital Voices Global Ambassadors Program Qualification
To qualify for the Global Ambassadors Program, you must be:
- A woman leader of a purpose-driven business, social enterprise or non-profit organization who is the key decision maker in the organization and manages it on a day-to-day basis
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional setting.
- Proficient in English
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core principles of the “Vital Voices’ Leadership Model” – Innovative, collaborative, and driven by a clear sense of mission; engaged in their communities and are committed to advancing the status of women and girls.
- Demonstrate high-potential for leadership and a desire to take on leadership roles both within and outside their companies/organizations
You organization must be a:
- For purpose business or social enterprise – i.e. a for-profit business with a social mission
- Non-profit or non-governmental organization (NPO or NGO)
- Community service organization (CSO)
- Should have a minimum annual revenue of at least US$ 50,000 and a maximum annual revenue of US$ 10 million.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Vital Voices Global Ambassadors Program
- 15 applicants will be chosen to participate and notified in mid July 2023.
- Applications will be assessed to determine participants based on a variety of factors, including the following considerations:
- Ability to commit to the full in-person program, training, mentorship and pre-event webinars – no exceptions
- Submitted business / draft strategic plan and identified needs for development.
- Alignment with the Vital Voices Leadership model
- Geographic dispersion of selected participants
- Willingness to accept feedback and coaching from mentors and trainers
- Ability to implement change within her business/organization
- Anticipated impact on business or organization based on application
- Willingness to help shape the community dialogue about women’s advancement in their region, and wield the influence necessary to do so.
Application DeadlineJune 18, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Vital Voices on s.alchemer.com
For more details,visit Vital Voices website