This program is available for African girls, with the objective of developing a pipeline of young African women leaders.
The Zawadi Africa Education Fund is a program designed to provide scholarships to academically gifted girls from disadvantaged backgrounds from Africa to pursue higher education in the U.S.A, Uganda, Ghana, South Africa and Kenya.
About Zawadi Africa Education Fund
The Zawadi Africa Education Fund was founded in 2002 by Dr Susan Mboya, and is based on the highly successful Kennedy-Mboya Africa Student Airlifts Program
Zawadi Africa Education Fund is a leadership development program that provides university scholarships and leadership development and life skills training to academically gifted but financially disadvantaged African girls, with the objective of developing a pipeline of young African women leaders.
Zawadi Africa was formed with the belief that together with a world class education and the right character development, these young Africa... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Zawadi Africa Education Fund scholarship is going on.
Zawadi Africa Education Fund Scholarship Program
Aim and Benefits of Zawadi Africa Education Fund Scholarship Program
- Zawadi Africa takes the students enrolled in the program through a rigorous nine-month period where the student will be coached and prepared to apply to partner schools offering scholarships
Requirements for Zawadi Africa Education Fund Scholarship Program Qualification
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, the following criteria must be met
- A girl who has completed her secondary school examination e.g.The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE)
- Has demonstrated academic excellence (A Plain or A Minus)
- Has demonstrated leadership qualities e.g. in school as a prefect, in the community, church, leadership in peer related activities etc.)
- Has overcome insurmountable odds such as serious financial challenges, oppressive social-cultural practices such as early marriages and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) etc. in order to attain academic excellence.
- Come from a financially disadvantaged background.
- Has demonstrated clear financial need
Documents Required for Application
- Attach a one page biography and a passport photo. The biography should be TYPED and highlight your family and educational background, your aspirations, financial status, as well as hobbies and activities that you have undertaken while in school and in your community.
- Attach a 500-650 word essay on ONLY ONE of three topics listed on page seven
- Attach a copy of your high school leaving certificate and K.C.S.E result slip as well as copies of high school certificates that show your involvement in extracurricular activities and leadership related initiatives.
- Attach a signed recommendation letter from your class teacher or head teacher.
- Attach a copy of your birth certificate and your National Identity Card (if you have one). 7. Attach a letter from your local chief confirming his knowledg
Application DeadlineApril 7, 2023
How to Apply
Submit a Hard Copy or Scanned Copy of this application form and the required supporting documents on or before the deadline (April 7th, 2023) through either:
- Mail : To the program Manager, Zawadi Africa Education Fund, P.O Box 59949-00200, Nairobi, Kenya
- Email: Zawadi Africa Admissions [email protected]
- Drop it at the Zawadi offices located in: GemSuites State House,Room T2| StateHouse Crescent|Nairobi
For more details,visit ZAEF website