TRAJECTS is a DAAD-funded project that seeks to create and/or strengthen research and teaching capacities on Just Transitions in Energy, Climate and Sustainability, especially in the Global South.
Within this framework, Master scholarships aim to strengthen the research capacity of our partners in the Global South and to increase the number of students contributing to research questions relevant for TRAJECTS as well as their individual interests and future careers.
Similarly, PhD scholarships aim to strengthen the research capacity of our partners in the Global South, and generate long-term local capacity to deal with academic and practical questions related to Transitions to Sustainability.
About Coal Transitions
Coal Transitions is an international research hub which aims to collect credible and feasible trajectories and policy guidance for deep transitions in the coal sector in major coal producing and consuming countries.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Coal Transitions scholarship is going on.
- OrganisationCoal Transitions
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- Application Deadline
November 30, 2021
Aim and Benefits of PhD Scholarship
- Monthly allowance: Monthly stipend of 500 Euro for maximum 3 years (36 months), starting earliest on January 1st 2022, ending latest on December 31st 2024.
- Travel costs: For PhD candidates coming from third countries funds are available to support international travel between the home and the host country, costs for visa and/or health insurance. Travel costs will be paid based on real costs up to a budget limit per eligible grantee to be calculated depending on the number of eligible grantees.
- Family support: Limited funds are available for PhD candidates coming from third countries to support accompanying children. Only children for whom the grantee does not receive national child benefits are eligible for this funding. Max. allowance: 204,-EUR/child/month – amount subject to availability of funds.
- Individual Material Expenditure Allowance for Research: Real costs up to the budget limit of 2.000,- EUR per PhD grantee (for the whole funding period of 36 months).
Requirements for PhD Scholarship Qualification
- English language proficiency
- Last degree certificate should not be older than six years when applying for the scholarship
- Acceptance/Enrolment as PhD student at UCT/ UNAL
- Newly enrolled or 1st year PhD student at the beginning of the funding period – funding granted initially for max 6 semesters and max. until the end of the 6th semester (subject to a yearly check of academic achievement).
- Exceptional cases of funding of students in the 2nd or higher year of PhD studies at the beginning of the funding period can be considered (start max. three years ago and subject to the decision of scholarship committee).
- Exceptional cases of funding beyond the end of the 6th semester can be considered (Subject to the decision of scholarship committee).
Interview date, Process and Venue for PhD Scholarship
After the final deadline of the call for applications, eligible candidates will be evaluated and ranked by the respective host institution. Special attention will be given to attain the diversity goals of TRAJECTS. At least 30% of short-listed candidates must contribute to increasing the diversity of TRAJECTS scholars (scholars who have scored points for the criterion “member of and underrepresented /disadvantaged group” and/or “financial need”).
Shortlisted candidates, will be invited to participate in a digital interview with members of the scholarship committee. The interviews will be conducted per host institution in the respective local language. Other eligible, but not short-listed candidates will be transferred to a reserve list. After the interviews, the scholarship committee will select 10 candidates for a TRAJECTS Master scholarship.
All applicants will be informed by email: Candidates will be nominated; ineligible applicants will be rejected and applicants on the reserve list will be informed about their status. If a candidate does not accept a scholarship, the next person on the reserve list will be nominated.
Application DeadlineNovember 30, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Coal Transitions on docs.google.com
Use the link(s) below to apply on organisation website.
For more details, visit Coal Transitions website.
Masters Scholarship scholarship by
- Master: 5th November 2021
- PhD: 30th November 2021