Applications are invited from suitably qualified African graduates for the AU Digital and Innovation Fellowship 2021 which aims at identifying and deploying highly competent tech innovators to African Union Headquarters.
The fellowship will provide a platform for the innovators to identify challenges within the organs of the African Union and propose solutions to these challenges. The program seeks to facilitate conditions for building the internal capacity of the host African Union organs in the long term.
About African Union
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). The main objectives of the OAU were to rid the continent of the remaining vestiges of colonisation and apartheid; to promote unity and solidarity amongst African States; to coordinate and intensify cooperation for development; to safeguard the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Member States and to promote international cooperation... read more... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new African Union scholarship is going on.
Digital and Innovation Fellowship Program
- OrganisationAfrican Union
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- Application Deadline
October 4, 2021
Aim and Benefits of Digital and Innovation Fellowship Program
- Participate in several capacity building training that will be facilitated by top experts from the African innovation ecosystem.
- Receive mentorship support from experienced industry experts drawn from the AfriLabs community.
- Network and benefit from several peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
- Receive monthly stipends throughout the period of the Fellowship.
- Embark on several all-expense-paid trips to ecosystem events, onboarding/offboarding, study/learning tour, etc.
- Attend a grand graduation ceremony where certificates will be awarded to fellows.
- Be recognized as a fellow/alumni of the African Union Digital and Innovation Fellowship Program.
Requirements for Digital and Innovation Fellowship Program Qualification
- Be based in Africa and must be a National of an African Union member state;
- Be under the age of 34 prior to the time of application;
- Hold a tertiary education degree or its equivalent;
- Have the capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, and the ability to evaluate and analyze information accurately in order to identify key issues and proffer solutions;
- Have experience and technical know-how in designing innovative technology products/solutions;
- Be available to travel in late October 2021 to participate in an induction workshop during the AfriLabs Annual Gathering in Abuja, Nigeria;
- Be available and willing to dedicate 12 months from November 2021 to September 2022. Fellows will be required to take a break from current obligations and relocate to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in November 2021.
- Applicants who speak more than one AU official language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish and Swahili) are strongly advised to apply.
Application DeadlineOctober 4, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to African Union on auinnovationfellowship.com
For more details, visit AU website