The Aga Khan Foundation’s International Scholarship Programme (ISP) was established by His Highness the Aga Khan. The ISP aims to support gifted, outstanding students from developing countries, who have no other means of financing their studies, to pursue full-time postgraduate studies at reputable higher education institutions of their choice.
About Afro-Asiatisches Institut (AAI)
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Afro-Asiatisches Institut (AAI) scholarship is going on.
International Scholarship Programme (ISP)
- OrganisationAfro-Asiatisches Institut (AAI)
- Country to study
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Canada, Egypt, France, India, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Madagascar, Mozambique, Pakistan, Portugal, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, United States
- School to study
- Course to study
- Application Deadline
March 17, 2023
Aim and Benefits of International Scholarship Programme (ISP)
The Foundation assists students with tuition fees and living expenses only. The cost of travel is not included in AKF scholarships. Applicants are requested to make every effort to obtain funding from other sources as well, so that the amount requested from the Foundation can be reduced to a minimum. Preference is given to those who have secured some funding from alternative sources.
Requirements for International Scholarship Programme (ISP) Qualification
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply for the programme:
- Excellent academic records.
- Genuine financial need. Financial assistance is provided according to the needs of students, but the ISP must be considered a resource of last resort. Applicants must demonstrate that they have explored and secured multiple sources of funding. The award funding need is determined individually, by deducting from the eligible student expenses, the total of other grants, loans (if any), parental contribution and student employment income. All students are encouraged to try to reduce the amount requested from the Foundation by applying to other sources of assistance as well.
- Admission to a reputable postgraduate institution of higher learning. The programme gives priority to Master's degree courses but also considers applications for PhD studies. Local/regional universities and distance learning programmes are acceptable for ISP funding, if the quality of the courses is maintained.
- Strong professional experience, extracurricular achievements, volunteer contributions and leadership skills.
Application DeadlineMarch 17, 2023
How to Apply
The next application cycle will open in January 2023. The deadline for the submission of completed applications is 17 March 2023. Interested students must contact the local office for application forms, deadline dates and application requirements, as these may vary by country.
Completed applications must be submitted to the agency from which the ISP application form was obtained. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Local scholarship committees may interview applicants about their financial situation, academic performance, extra-curricular achievements and career plans.
As this is a global, competitive award, final decisions are made by an international selection panel in July. Students who are part of the final, global round will be informed of the outcome of their application shortly thereafter.
For more details, visit Aga Khan Foundation website.