GREAT Scholarships offers numerous scholarships from UK universities, across a variety of subjects for students from the countries below. Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
On each country’s dedicated page, you’ll find a comprehensive list of universities that provide scholarships to students from that specific nation, details of which courses are covered by these scholarships and how to apply.
Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
As part of the programme, all GREAT scholars will be invited to a welcome event in the first semester and a networking event in the second semester
About British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Last year we reached over 80 million people directly and 791 million p... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new British Council scholarship is going on.
British Council GREAT Scholarships
Aim and Benefits of British Council GREAT Scholarships
Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
Requirements for British Council GREAT Scholarships Qualification
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Bangladesh,China,Egypt,Ghana,Greece,Kenya,India,Indonesia,Malaysia,Mexico,Nigeria,Pakistan,Thailand,Turkey,Vietnam.
- Have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- Establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- Be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- As an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK
Application DeadlineNot Specified
How to Apply
he deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
GREAT Scholarships 2024-25 terms and conditions
For more details, visit British counsil website