The WBG Youth Summit 2024 Pitch Competition is an exciting opportunity for young change-makers to showcase their innovative solutions addressing global challenges. Open to individuals aged 18-35 worldwide, this competition provides a dynamic platform for presenting your ideas to an international audience through compelling pitch decks.
The Pitch Competition will focus on impactful technology addressing challenges relating to youth in FCV-affected areas, women in the tech space and the digital inclusion of rural youth. The transition to a technology-enabled world accentuates the need to reduce vulnerabilities and socio-economic disparities in a rapidly evolving digital landscape.
We encourage submissions from diverse backgrounds and focus areas with a special interest in addressing the following themes:
- Bridging the Digital Divide: Solutions that promote digital inclusion and establish reliable connectivity, overcoming barriers to ensure universal digital access.
- Intelligence for Good: Explore the potential of artificial intelligence to combat socioeconomic inequalities, drive meaningful change, and address issues related to equality and inclusion.
- Sustainable Technology: Showcase digital innovations that advance sustainable living and resource preservation. Incorporate green technology to promote eco-friendly practices and contribute to the transition towards a low-carbon economy.
About World Bank
With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries. Together, IBRD and IDA form the World Bank, which provides financing, policy advice, and technical assistance to governments of developing countries. IDA focuses on the worldï¿½s poorest countries, while IBRD assists middle-income and creditworthy poorer countries. While our five institutions have their own country m...... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new World scholarship is going on.
World Bank Group Youth Summit Pitch Competition
Aim and Benefits of World Bank Group Youth Summit Pitch Competition
- Individuals/teams shortlisted in Stage 2 will receive feedback on their pitch deck. They may be asked to submit further information or refine their pitch deck. Shortlisted candidates will also be invited for a virtual interview with a panel of technical experts from the World Bank.
- Finalists will join the 2024 World Bank Youth Summit hosted at the World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C. Travel expenses, including lodging and a nominal stipend for up to three nights, will be covered for one representative per team. The representative is required to obtain a valid U.S. visa for their travel. Other team members can participate in the event through the virtual platform.
Requirements for World Bank Group Youth Summit Pitch Competition Qualification
- The competition is open to individuals, or teams of up to five people aged 18-35, regardless of prior experience in a particular field or topic.
- Participants can be students, as well as individuals who are currently working.
- To be eligible to participate in the competition, individuals or teams (i.e., all team members) must be willing and able to commit the time necessary to implement their solution after the competition, if it is not already being implemented. WBG encourage diverse and gender-balanced team compositions.
Application DeadlineMarch 1, 2024
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to World Bank on youthsummit24.wufoo.com
For more details,visit World Bank website