The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence (AI2)’s EarthRanger program is committed to helping protected areas and conservation organizations safeguard wildlife and their habitats through the advancement of technology.
AI2 seeks to provide two (2) grants, each in the amount of $15,000 USD, to organizations that deployed or developed technology to make a positive impact in conservation management, including but not limited to, the security of endangered animals, animal behavioral research, anti-poaching enforcement, ecological management, and human-wildlife coexistence:
- Technology Adopter Grant: this grant is for an organization that adopted technology in new or novel ways for conservation management.
- Technology Practitioner Grant: this grant is for an organization that developed technology (e.g., software, applications, AI models/algorithms, hardware) to advance conservation management.
Since its inception in 2015, EarthRanger has helped protected area managers make informed, conservation-related operational decisions. It is also used by ecologists and biologists to study wildlife and habitats, and to advocate for their protection.
Developed by Vulcan LLC, in partnership with many conservation and technology partners, it is a software solution that combines real-time data from ranger patrols, remote imaging and many, various sensors. As of September 2021, EarthRanger is part of the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence (AI2). This move combin... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new EarthRanger scholarship is going on.
EarthRanger Conservation Tech Award
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study
- Application Deadline
August 18, 2023
Aim and Benefits of EarthRanger Conservation Tech Award
- AI2 seeks to provide two (2) grants, each in the amount of $15,000 USD, to organizations that deployed or developed technology to make a positive impact in conservation management
Requirements for EarthRanger Conservation Tech Award Qualification
- Nonprofit and for-profit organizations and protected areas managed in whole or in part by a nonprofit or for-profit organization are eligible to apply.
- Both EarthRanger users and non-users are welcome to apply for either grant.
- All applicants must follow AI2’s Business Partner Code of Conduct.
- Past applicants including grantees with new projects or initiatives eligible to apply.
Application DeadlineAugust 18, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to EarthRanger on forms.gle
- Online applications must be fully completed by August 18, 2023 and include a point of contact on behalf of the organization.
- All applications will be vetted by AI2 for compliance with applicable laws and US government guidelines for international grantmaking.
- Applicants may only apply for one (1) grant by selecting either the Technology Adopter Grant or Technology Practitioner Grant in the online application form.
For more details,visit EarthRanger website