The Erasmus University Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Erasmus University Rotterdam. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to pursue a bachelor or master degree in the Netherlands. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and students from these countries thus cannot apply.
About Erasmus University Rotterdam
Erasmus University Rotterdam (abbreviated as EUR, Dutch: Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam) is a public university located in Rotterdam, Netherlands, the city that also houses the largest port in Europe. The university is named after Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus, a 15th-century humanist and theologian.
The university has seven faculties and focuses on four areas.
Health - Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences/Erasmus MC and institute of Health Policy & Management (iBMG)
Wealth - Erasmus School of Economics and Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
Governance - Er... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Erasmus University Rotterdam scholarship is going on.
Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship
Aim and Benefits of Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship
The Erasmus University Holland Scholarship amount of € 10.000 is split into two parts: € 5.000 is used as reduction on the tuition fee, the other € 5.000 will be received by the student through 10 monthly payments.
The amount of € 5.000 that the student will receive, can be used as part of the required living fee deposit for the immigration procedure.
This means, should you be awarded with an Erasmus University Holland Scholarship, you are to transfer the remaining part of your tuition fee) + remaining deposit for the cost of living + IND handling fee before 15 May.
Requirements for Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship Qualification
In order to qualify for financial support under the provision of an Erasmus University Holland Scholarship, an applicant:
- Must be a national of a country that is not part of the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Must have never been enrolled before as a full degree student at an educational institution in the Netherlands.
- Must be selected for one of the following programmes*:
- Bachelor International Econometrics and Operations Research
- Bachelor International Economics and Business Economics
- Double bachelor BSc2 in Econometrics and Economics
- Must have registered for one of the above-mentioned bachelor programmes at Erasmus School of Economics in StudielinkOpens external, as well as having submitted the application documents in the EUR Application Portal before 1 March in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Must complete the mathematics entrance exam in either February or March with a sufficient result, if found math deficient during the bachelor application procedure.
- Must have achieved excellent study results during his/her secondary school education. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.5 on a grading scale of 1-10.
- Must be able to demonstrate the reason why this scholarship will enlarge his/her opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics by including a detailed financial statement, describing your financial situation and how you plan to finance your studies (i.e. cover your tuition fee payment as well as the remaining living expenses), in case you will receive the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship.
- Must have completed the immigration application before 15 May. Completing the immigration procedure entails having submitted the immigration application documents, as well as having transferred the remaining tuition fee + the remaining part of the living fee deposit + the IND handling fee before 15 May. For more information, please see the section ‘amount and payment’ below and the website on immigration procedures for prospective students.
- Must eventually be enrolled no later than 1 September of the academic year for which the scholarship is being requested.
* A selection offer is not required at the moment of application, however, only students with a selection offer will be considered for the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarship
The application will be open from 1 November until 1 March (deadline: 28 February 23:59). Please note that scholarship applications received – or incomplete – after the deadline, will not be considered.
The applications will be reviewed after 1 March.
All applicants will be officially informed via e-mail about the outcome of their scholarship application. If you are awarded the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship, you will receive further details in the nomination email. All emails will be sent in the beginning of April.
Documents Required for Application
In order to apply for the Erasmus University Holland Scholarship, you need to prepare the following documents:
- Motivation letter: stating your motivation to study at Erasmus School of Economics, showing evidence of being an excellent student and demonstrating why the scholarship would enlarge the opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics (max. two A4).
- Financial statement: describing your financial situation and the reason and need to receive the scholarship.
- Budget plan: overview explaining how you plan to finance your studies in case you will receive the Erasmus University
- Certified copy of your (most recent) academic transcript.
- Certified statement from your educational institution confirming your obtained GPA. The GPA template document below can be used for this. You can also a statement provide by your home University, but it is important that this statement contains the same information as our standard statement.
Application DeadlineFebruary 28, 2024
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Erasmus University Rotterdam on eurinr.osiris-student.nl
Once you have gathered all the required information, you can submit your application online via Osiris studentOpens external
You can find a detailed overview 'How to apply for a scholarship in Osiris' (pdf).
For more details visit: Erasmus University website.