The King Baudouin African Development Prize (awarded every other year) aims to reward individuals or organisations who are making an outstanding contribution to development in Africa. The Prize pays particular attention to initiatives which stand out as the best in their field significantly improve the quality of life of the populations they serve, and empower local communities to take development into their own hands.
About King Baudouin Foundation Grants
The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund supports sustainable water management in developing countries, among others by financing on-the-spot internships for students from developing countries who are studying in Belgium. The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund takes into consideration an integrated approach to water management that includes technical and/or sociological aspects. The internship will take place in a developing country (the student’s country of origin or another country). It will be tied to a master’s thesis or an equivalent, and under the responsibility of the Belgian academic insti... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new King Baudouin Foundation Grants scholarship is going on.
African Development Prize
Requirements for African Development Prize Qualification
- The submission of a candidate’s file may only be undertaken by a nominator. The selection committee will not consider applications by individuals who are applying for the Prize themselves or for an organization within which they are active.
- The Prize will be awarded to Africans or organisations which are founded or led by Africans.
Interview date, Process and Venue for African Development Prize
- Does the candidate have concrete realizations under his belt?
- Are they innovative and exemplary?
- Are they capable of being duplicated elsewhere on the continent?
- Is there a long-term vision?
- Is the financial management healthy and transparent?
- Are the initiatives embedded at local level ?
- Do they take into account the gender perspective?
- Are the initiatives directed at all actors of society (inclusiveness)?
Application DeadlineMarch 16, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to King Baudouin Foundation Grants on candidate.kbs-frb.be
- You have to login or register before you can complete an application form.
- You can temporarily save your (partly) completed form and complete it later.
To continue working on your application form, please log in.
- All fields marked * are mandatory. You need to complete these before sending your final application form.
- FAQ on online application forms
- If you have any further questions: 02- 500 45 55, or [email protected]
You have not yet started an application form for this call for projects.
For more details, visit King Baudouin Foundation website