The OIST Graduate School offers education and research opportunities through our Research Intern program in STEM fields. The duration of the internship is typically from 2 to 6 months.These short-term placements give students the opportunity to gain experience in a particular laboratory or to learn a specific technique.
Interns will work under the direction of a Professor and contribute to the research activities of OIST.Internships may begin and end at any time during the year, with two application periods.
About Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University is a private, interdisciplinary graduate school located in Onna, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The school offers a 5-year PhD program in Science. Over half of the faculty and students are recruited from outside Japan, and all education and research is conducted entirely in English. OIST relies on public subsidies paid by the Japanese government.... read more... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology scholarship is going on.
Research Internship Program
Aim and Benefits of Research Internship Program
- The intern will get a daily allowance of 2400 JPY, the weekends will be excluded and the allowance will be taxable.
- The interns will receive a free OIST shuttle bus pass.
- A fully paid round-trip air ticket will be provided.
- The interns will get fully furnished apartments on or off campus.
- OIST will also assist in vis acquisitions, insurance procedures, and local registration.
Requirements for Research Internship Program Qualification
- Students who are in the final two years of the undergraduate or master’s program in Japan or overseas can apply.
- The students who have recently graduated can apply.
- The students who are currently enrolled must have approval for the OIST internship from their home institution.
- The applicant’s academic background must follow the desired internship unit at OIST.
Documents Required for Application
- Curriculum Vitae Sheet
- 400 words Personal Statement (How to Write a Perfect Personal Statement)
- Academic Transcripts (In English translation, if required)
- Recommendation Letter
- ID Photo
Application DeadlineApril 15, 2024
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) on admissions.oist.jp
- The applicant has to log in and create an online profile to apply.
- To reach the application successfully, at least one recommendation letter must have reached OIST by your referee.
- When the letter is submitted, you will receive a notification and then you can apply successfully by submitting your application.
For more details,visit OIST website