Sweden is considered to be one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice. Swedish companies play a prominent role in finding new, innovative ways to integrate social, environmental and ethical concerns into their core business models. But the challenges are global and we have a common need for sustainable development.
The programme curriculum revolves around advanced business-related problem solving, seminars and meetings with front figures in the commercial, political and cultural fields, as well as on-site company visits. By providing the platform for knowledge sharing, experience exchange and quality networking, the programme aims to challenge traditional approaches, reinforce professional skills, deepen cross-cultural perspectives and unite the participants in a long-lasting and active global network.
The programme, spread over seven months, comprises three weeks of intensive training divided into an introductory kick-off at the Swedish Embassy in each country, a two week module in Sweden and a concluding five day module in Africa.
About Swedish Institute
The Swedish Institute is a public agency that encourages interest and trust in Sweden around the world. We operate in the fields of culture, education, science and business in seeking to strengthen ties and promote development.
We build up lasting relations between Sweden and other countries with a view to enhancing Sweden’s attractiveness.
We build up lasting relations between Sweden and other countries with a view to enhancing Sweden’s attractiveness. To this end, we disseminate information, develop skills, promote cultural exchange and cooperation, and provide funding... read more
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new Swedish Institute scholarship is going on.
Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa
Aim and Benefits of Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa
The programme give you
- In-depth knowledge and skills about sustainable business practices with a focus on human rights, climate and the environment, decent working conditions and anti-corruption.
- Capacity and knowledge to lead change and implement sustainable business practices in your own organisation.
- Insights into business cases for sustainability in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice.
- Customised expert coaching based on your organisation’s and your own personal needs.
- A unique opportunity of close collaboration and exchange with colleagues at your own level from several other countries, developing strong, long-lasting professional networks.
- Access to the global Swedish Institute alumni network with leaders who are committed to sustainable business and responsible leadership.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- All training material, online and onsite.
- Your flights to and from Stockholm.
- Your accommodation and meals in Stockholm during the programme’s period of onsite sessions in Sweden.
- Your insurance during the programme’s period of onsite sessions in Stockholm, Sweden.
Requirements for Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa Qualification
If you are highly motivated to run your business in a sustainable way and implement sustainable business practices in your organisation; and you also have the mandate to drive strategic changes throughout your business – then the answer is you! In addition:
- You are a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia.
- You are between 25 and 50 years old (born 1972–1996).
- You work for an enterprise. We are looking for business leaders who are already CEO´s or senior managers of small or medium–sized enterprises, or managers of a significant and distinct department of a large enterprise, who have responsibility for the profits of their business.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of making things happen.
- You are willing to support and share your experience and knowledge with other participants.
- You have a high level proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- You have a post-secondary education.
- You have access to high speed internet for interactive video meetings
Interview date, Process and Venue for Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa
The applications will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
- The relevance and quality of personal motivation, commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the SIMP application.
- A broad assessment of the applicant’s the suitable experience and qualifications.
- The general qualifications of the applicant.
- The willingness and readiness of the applicant’s company/organisation to work for sustainable business, and its motivation to implement new learnings from the programme.
Application DeadlineFebruary 13, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Swedish Institute on apply-leadership-programmes.si.se
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme.
These are the steps you need to go through to submit your application
- Register your profile in the application portal.
- Select what programme you would like to apply for (SIMP Africa becomes available on 11 January).
- Answer all the questions for the different sections in the application portal (found in the left-hand menu).
- Upload your CV under the document section.
- Upload a reccommedation letter from your manager. It is not mandatory, but an advantage (Link to template)
- After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
For more details, visit Swedish Institute website.