The Andrea Mitchell Center for the Study of Democracy will award up to 10 undergraduate research fellowships for projects to be begun in the summer of 2023 and completed during the 2023-2024 academic year.
All full-time Penn undergraduate students enrolled in any school who wish to undertake research pertinent to any dimension of democracy, its practice or theory, as well as the related themes of citizenship and constitutional government, are eligible to apply. Grants may be combined with funding from other programs. Applicants are expected but not required to conduct research that will contribute to the writing of a Senior Essay or the completion of an independent study course during the 2023-2024 academic year. Work may involve travel to libraries, archives, field or interview sites, or other institutions.
About University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania (commonly known as Penn or UPenn) is a private, Ivy League university located in Philadelphia. Incorporated as The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania, Penn is one of 14 founding members of the Association of American Universities and one of the nine original colonial colleges.
Subscribe for scholarship alert.
Be among the first to know whenever new University of Pennsylvania scholarship is going on.
University of Pennsylvania Penn CURF Andrea Mitchell Centre Undergraduate Research Grants
Aim and Benefits of University of Pennsylvania Penn CURF Andrea Mitchell Centre Undergraduate Research Grants
- Students may receive grants of up to $3000 for research expenses.
Requirements for University of Pennsylvania Penn CURF Andrea Mitchell Centre Undergraduate Research Grants Qualification
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applicants will relocate to USA
- Applicants must enrol in full-time program
- Applicants must be ready to study undergraduate courses
- Applicants must have proof of English Language proficiency
Documents Required for Application
- Research Statement. A statement not exceeding 1000 words describing the aims and rationale for the research project related to some dimension of “Democracy, Citizenship, and Constitutionalism” that you wish to undertake. Indicate as concretely as possible your preliminary research plans.
- Budget. A preliminary budget of your research expenses. Appropriate items include research travel, housing, food, and phone costs, book and document costs, fees to use archives, survey costs, etc.
- Transcript. An UNSECURED copy of your [email protected] transcript (print a PDF or take a screenshot from your browser window).
- C.V. or Resume (optional).
Application DeadlineMarch 15, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Pennsylvania on curf-upenn.smapply.io
For more details,visit University of Pennsylvania website